Presently, our research activities are focused on the synthesis of mesoporous oxides via the following strategies:
- Synthesis by soft template
- Synthesis by hard template (nanocasting)
- Synthesis in strong acidic media by assembly of preformed MFI precursors with triblock copolymer of the pluronic type (P123) by a two steps procedure
Different applications are also sought, including:
- Acid catalysis
- Atmospheric pollution treatment:
- VOCs catalytic oxidation,
- Selective catalytic reduction of NO with propylene((HCSCR)
- Production of hydrogen by steam reforming of ethanol
- Water pollution treatment:
- Photocatalytic oxidation under ultraviolet and simulated solar light irradiation
- Heterogeneous Advanced Photo-Fenton Oxidation
- Adsorption of heavy metals
17. Total oxidation of toluene over gold supported on mesoporous ferrisilicates materials.
Int. J. Environment and Pollution. In Press (2016)
16. Adsorption of lead (II) on mesoporous carbon CMK-3 from single, binary and ternary metal aqueous solution.
Chimica Oggi - Chemistry Today - vol. 34(2), pp 32-36 (2016)
15. Photocatalytic degradation of methyl orange and real waste-water by silver doped mesoporous TiO2 catalysts.
Journal of Photochemistry and Photobiology A: Chemistry vol. 318, pp142–149 (2016)
14. Wastewater treatment by cyclodextrin polymers and noble metal/mesoporous TiO2 photocatalysts.
C.R. Chimie 18, pp 23–31(2015)
13. New Nano Silver/Ceria Catalyst For Atmospheric Pollution Treatment.
Nano Vol. 10(3), 1550043(1-7) (2015)
12. Nanocast ordered Mesoporous Ceria as Support for Highly Active Gold Catalysts for Toluene total Oxidation.
International Journal of Chemistry, Vol34(1), pp1131-1137(2013)
11. Heterogeneous Advanced Photo-Fenton Oxidation of Phenolic Aqueous Solutions over Iron-Containing SBA-15 Catalyst.
Journal of Chemistry and Chemical Engineering. Vol.7 pp797-802 (2013)
10. Total oxidation of toluene over Pd/mesoporous materials catalysts.
Chimica oggi/Chemistry Today vol. 30(4) (2012).
9. Synthesis of mesoporous Chromium silicates molecular sieves in strong acidic media by assembly of preformed CrS1 precursors with triblock copolymer.
Chemistry and Chemical Engineering Vol 5(2) p177 (2011)
8. Benzoylation of anisole catalyzed by Ga/SBA-15 Supported on carbon nanofibers composite (C-NFC).
Catalysis Communications Vol. 12(9), p790 (2011)
7. The effect of the use of lanthanum-doped mesoporous SBA-15 on the performance of Pt/SBA-15 and Pd/SBA-15 catalysts for total oxidation of toluene.
Applied Catalysis A: General 351, p82–87 (2008)
6. Benzoylation of anisole catalysed by Ga/SBA-15 supported on β-SiC.
Studies in Surface Science and Catalysis Vol 174, Part 2, pp 1307-1310 (2008)
5. One-pot synthesis of GaSBA-15: Activity comparison with Ga-post-treated SBA-15 catalysts.
Applied Catalysis A: General. vol 31, p219 (2007)
4. Ga doped SBA-15 as an active and stable catalyst for Friedel-Crafts liquid phase acylation.
Applied Catalysis A: General. vol 298, p194 (2006)
3. GaSBA-15: a new and active Friedel-Crafts acylation catalyst.
Studies in Surface Science and Catalysis. vol 158, p1413 (2005)
2. Structural evolution of calcium or Lanthanum-exchanged (NH4)2SiF6-dealuminated Y zeolite after various chemical treatments.
Studies in Surface Science and Catalysis. vol154, p1418 (2004)
1. Structural evolution of calcium –exchanged (NH4)2SiF6 –dealuminated-Y Zeolite after various chemical treatments.
Colloids and surfaces A: physicochem.eng.aspects, vol 220, p83 (2003)
K. Bendahou : Assistant Professor A
Z.Baïliche : Assistant Professor B
H. Azzi: Assistant Professor B
R. Bouri : Assistant Professor B
F. Hamidi: Assistant Professor B
M. Elouchdi: PhD student
A. Ziouèche: PhD student
S.Benaïssa: PhD student
H. Chaker : PhD student
N. Nachet: PhD student
About Leila Cherif - Aouali
Prof. Leïla Chérif–Aouali received her diploma in chemical engineering from Polytechnic School of Algiers in 1983 and her Ph.D in Applied chemical kinetics from Pierre and Marie Curie University, Paris. After that, she joined the University of Tlemcen (Algeria). Presently, she focuses her research activities on the synthesis of mesoporous oxides and their applications in acid catalysis, atmospheric pollution treatment, production of hydrogen by steam reforming of ethanol and water pollution treatment. She has published several papers in peer reviewed journals.